I remember when we were selling our home in Omaha, I was always going around with a paint brush and touching up the spots where one of the girls touched the walls. I've always been kind of anal about my walls and like them to look brand new. Flat paint makes this easy. Anyway, one day I was complaining about all of the finger prints and my brilliant and talented friend, Jennifer said, "Why don't you just teach your girls not to touch the walls?" Seriously?!?!? Could it be that easy? She said her Mom taught them not to touch walls (and her home was pristine!) and that it was really no big deal. So, I started doing that. Since then, my girls are pretty good at this. I figure it's no different than asking them to wash their hands after using the bathroom- a practice that soon becomes habit.
Welllllllll, my house is on the market again. My girls are very well trained and rarely touch my walls. But, this week I've had several kids over at the house and I've cringed as I see greasy fingers touch my walls. It really is a curse- this obsession with clean walls! I try very hard not to get crazy and tense up when even *gasp!* adults touch my walls! What are they thinking?!?!?
So, I won't apologize for being kind of a neat freak. I don't know how many of ME there are out there- I am grateful that at least my friend, Jennifer understands! I just try and remind myself that it is no big deal and nothing that a little tlc and a quart of touch-up paint can't take care of!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
We shouldn"t have to get out the paint after company comes!!! The other thing about this wall touching that kills me is that it only leaves a mark when hands are soiled. So poeple are definately not washing thier hands near enough!!!
Oh my friend I feel your pain! we have moved into our new house (2 weeks ago today)and everyday Kimball comes in from school we wash hands. If kids come to play they wash hands. You would think this would all make sense to the adults too, but they are the hardest. I have a friend that thinks I am crazy off my rocker and has refused to wash her childrens hands after they ate dinner over here. I of course snuck away and did it anyway. I thought this was just common practice...we wash our handa and we don't touch the walls!
Sorry for such a long post comment. I feel your pain friend and wish you happy & fast selling. I would love to talk to you. Call sometime when you have a minute to breathe.
Luv ya <3
Post a Comment