Mark just showed me something he's designing for a website and I have a hard enough time feigning interest without him throwing in geek speak. He's telling me this stuff and he says something that I don't understand and I think he's BURPED in the middle of his explanation. So, I look at him and say, "Grock? WHAT?" And he's like, "Yeah, grock." And so I say, "Whaddaya mean, 'grock'? What kind of word is that? I've never heard of such a thing." And he tells me it's used in the tech world and means something is easy to understand. Kind of funny since using that word made it NOT easy for me to understand.
So, then I had to see for myself so I googled it and sure enough, it's in the Urban Dictionary. I thought the definitions were pretty funny.
grock: understand,appreciate actively and profoundly, fully comprehend; also, to think about, listen to, play, or contemplate something or someone with full love and understanding, even ecstacy. Often done stoned.
She spent the whole museum visit just grocking one painting.I go to the park to grock the trees. MCEscher really grocked Goedel's theorem
grock: To thoroughly understand something through the metaphorical process of drinking it in.
"I've taken calculus four times, and I still don't grock it."





1 comments:
I don't grock a word I just read.
Post a Comment