How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee mushy, crunchy, salty, or sweet.
I love chicken, beef, fish- all kinds of meat.
I love thee broiled, poached, grilled, or sauteed.
I love bread in loaf form or in a rolled braid.
I love vegetables green and fruits red.
I like eating on the couch and occasionally in bed.
I devour thee at the kitchen table or at a booth in the mall.
I enjoy thee in winter, spring, summer, and fall.
I love thee cold. I love thee hot.
How thou art prepared, I certainly care not.
Without you, dear food, I surely would die.
But, would you please quit contributing to the size of my thighs?
Brought to you by an ENGLISH major and aspiring POET.
Perhaps this would explain why I can never seem to lose these last 15 lbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Great! I loved it.
Nick
BRAVO!! I want to have this calligraphied and put on display in my kitchen. Very well done....and oh, don't I feel the same.
This is hilarious, Melyssa. And too, too true.
hahahahaa!!! that was very witty, my sister!
Post a Comment