These last few weeks of my pregnancy are getting kinda hard. If I'm on my feet very long, I hurt. If I sit in a chair very long, I hurt. The only two comfortable positions are sitting with my legs inclined or lying on my side. Last week (30 wks) my midwife measured me and I was 36 cm- or nearly full-term size for a singleton. The biggest I've ever gotten is 39 cm and I'm almost there- probably will be by the time I see my midwife again next week. So, my body is feeling pretty done.
On a bright note, the twins are SO active! I love feeling them. Sometimes I can't believe two, tiny people can move around so much! The family can see my stomach shift and bulge from across the room. It's crazy! I am praying they'll keep growing healthy and be ready to come out by early August. I can't imagine having them stay until their due date of August 26. But, they might.
The girls had a track meet last Thursday and I told Mark it was my last one for the season. I just can't sit for that long. I was plenty cool in the shade, but the sitting exhausted me. Then, yesterday at church I had the same problem. After 2 & 1/2 hrs, I couldn't sit any more. I had to get up and find a new place to sit where I could stretch my legs out. When I got home I felt completely drained. So, I think I'm going to just do 2 hrs. of church till the babies come.
It seems ridiculous to get so exhausted from doing nothing. Sitting really shouldn't be such a difficult task for me, but it is.
The midwife has me drinking 1/2 my weight in ounces of water each day. I won't divulge my poundage, but suffice it to say that that is a LOT of water! I'm also consuming a min. of 2000 mg. of calcium, 80 gm of protein, and water with electrolytes. When I don't get enough of the calcium, I wake up with charlie horses in my calves. SO much goes into growing these babies. I never realized how vital nutrition really is for a healthy pregnancy.
The girls and I have had a fun summer thus far. I had so many plans for them, but as the summer progresses, I'm finding less and less energy for them. It makes me feel kind of sad. I always want their summers to be super exciting, but it's getting to be too hard for me. {sigh}
So, today I guess I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Nothing big, just the difficulties of trying to balance motherhood (of those in and outside the womb), homemaking (cooking, cleaning), and every day living. I have a really great life, I do. And I'll make it through these next few weeks, but I think I need to lower my expectations and figure out some indoor, recliner-friendly activities for me and the girls. Hmm. Maybe cards? Thumb wrestling? Movies and popcorn? Ahh, and reading. There's always reading. That's a good thing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment