As the birth of the twins nears, I'm always thinking of ways to simplify my life once they've arrived. Sweet Heidi has hair that is kind of in-between straight and curly. She has the same hair texture that I had at her age: thick with straighter hair on the outside, curlier hair underneath, and lots of frizzy baby hairs growing in. This makes for some difficult mornings when her hair is especially unruly and she wants me to use a straight-iron on it just minutes before it's time to leave for school. And I can't count the many nights she's requested curlers in her hair. I've done this a few times, but it is tedious, time consuming, and oftentimes brings tears when I remove the curlers the next morning.
So, in an effort to simplify Heidi's hair challenges and make her more independent than she already is (and let me tell you, she is SUPER independent and my most dependable child), I let her get a perm! She looked like me before and Mark and I joke that we can find no part of him in her looks, but she REALLY looks like me now! She's my very own Mini Me!
Funny thing, in the first picture her straight hair looks neat and well cared for. Trust me, this isn't the norm!
Here's the play-by-play of the perm:
Excuse the bad photo formatting. I couldn't make them look any better.
Before
Curlers in
Rinsing out

Curlers out

A new curly Heidi!
2 comments:
She really is a mini you! It is crazy!! How cool to have a daughter that looks so much like yourself. I wonder who the twins are going to look like!
hahhaa oh my gosh!!! you guys are the same now!! hahah this is the cutest thing! i can't wait to see you guys in person, and see heidi's wonderful new do!
Post a Comment