So, I must really be losing my mind. Maybe the higher altitude has a strange effect on me.
I got an email notice from the library that The Yearling was overdue. We've been to the library a few times since we moved here and it's not uncommon for a book to disappear. So, the girls all wanted to go to the library again today and I told them that we couldn't go until we found The Yearling. Maddie insisted she didn't check it out. Heidi insisted she didn't check it out. I knew Celeste didn't check it out b/c it was too advanced for her. So, we commenced an all-out-search to no avail. No one remembered the book and no one knew where it was.
To prove to myself and the rest of the family that we DID in fact check out The Yearling, I logged on to Gmail to find the original email notice. Hmmm. Not there. I thought maybe I archived it. Nope. Thinking that I must have inadvertently deleted it, I checked my library account and Mark's which both showed no overdue books. I scanned the list of books we do have checked out and The Yearling was not among them.
So, I guess I dreamed it? But, I'm telling you that email looked REAL. I can still see it perfectly in my mind. I must not have enough to worry about right now and my brain is creating stress. I dunno. Maybe I just need to go check out The Yearling and be done with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
wow that is creepy!!
So weird what our minds can do???!!!
Post a Comment